Product details of Solid State Logic 2 - 2x2 USB Audio Interface (SSL2 / SSL-2)
- USB Audio Interface, 2-in/2-out, with 2 Mic/Line/Instrument Preamps, 4K Legacy Mode, and USB Bus Power,
Legacy 4K – Analogue Enhancement
Real analogue enhancement inspired by SSL 4000 series (4K) console
SSL has a history of innovation in analogue electronics and console design. Whether it be the sound of our classic EQ '242' and '292' EQ circuits, the punch of the legendary SSL G-Series Bus Compressor or the incredible bandwidth and sonic accuracy of our ground-breaking SuperAnalogue designed mic amps and consoles, we're always moving forward with analogue.
Legacy 4Kis an all-new analogue enhancement effect, inspired by the character of an SSL 4000 series console (often referred to as '4K'). With the Legacy 4K button, we'vedistilled 2 essential characteristics of the 4K sound into a single-circuit, which you can engage when you need to breath some life into 'boring' or 'dull' sounding input sources.
1st characteristic:High-Frequency EQ boost – The first thing engaging the Legacy 4K button will dois introduce a 'forward', yet musical high-frequency EQ boost, something which 4000-series EQs are known and loved for.
2nd characteristic:Subtle-Harmonic Distortion – 4K consoles aresynonymous with imparting a certain 'mojo' to signals passing through them. This mojo comes through multiple stages of harmonic distortion from compressor VCAs, VCA Faders and other crucial areas like thetransistor mix amps. Using modern components, we've created a circuit that injects a controlled amount of finely-tuned, sweet- soundingharmonic distortion into the signal path, helping to give your sound more edge!
- 2-In / 2-Out USB-C Audio Interface
- 2 x SSL-designed microphone preamps
- Legacy 4K - analogue colour enhancement, inspired by classic SSL consoles
- Professional, high-current grade headphone output
- 24-bit / 192 kHz AD/DA AKM Converters
- Easy-to-use Monitor Mix Control
- Balanced monitor outputs
- SSL Production Pack software bundle